PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Auditor eLearning Course - English
Master audit techniques and become competent to manage an audit program, audit team, communicate with customers, and resolve conflicts.
This PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Auditor training course will help you understand and develop the necessary skills and knowledge to perform Information Security Management System (ISMS) audits by applying widely recognized audit principles, procedures, and techniques, from the comfort of your home.
Why should you attend?
In this training course you will acquire the knowledge and skills to plan and carry out internal and external audits in compliance with ISO 19011 and ISO/IEC 17021-1 certification process.
You will also learn how to master audit techniques and become competent to manage an audit program, audit team, communicate with customers, and resolve any potential conflicts.
After acquiring the necessary skills to perform ISMS audits, you can sit for the exam and apply for a “PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Auditor” credential. By holding a PECB Lead Auditor certification, you will demonstrate that you have the capabilities and competencies to audit organizations based on best practices.
Who should attend?
- Auditors seeking to perform and lead Information Security Management System (ISMS) certification audits
- Managers or consultants seeking to master an Information Security Management System audit process
- Individuals responsible for maintaining conformance with Information Security Management System requirements
- Technical experts seeking to prepare for an Information Security Management System audit
- Expert advisors in Information Security Management
Training course structure (approx. 10.5 hours)
Introduction to the information security management system (ISMS) and ISO/IEC 27001
- Training course objectives and structure
- Standards and regulatory frameworks
- Certification process
- Fundamental concepts and principles of information security
- Information security management system (ISMS)
Audit principles, preparation, and initiation of an audit
- Fundamental audit concepts and principles
- The impact of trends and technology in auditing
- Evidence-based auditing
- Risk-based auditing
- Initiation of the audit process
- Stage 1 audit
On-site audit activities
- Preparing for stage 2 audit
- Stage 2 audit
- Communication during the audit
- Audit procedures
- Creating audit test plans
Closing the audit
- Drafting audit findings and nonconformity reports
- Audit documentation and quality review
- Closing of the audit
- Evaluation of action plans by the auditor
- Beyond the initial audit
- Managing an internal audit program
- Closing of the training course
- Understand the operations of an Information Security Management System based on ISO/IEC 27001
- Acknowledge the correlation between ISO/IEC 27001, ISO/IEC 27002, and other standards and regulatory frameworks
- Understand an auditor’s role to plan, lead, and follow-up on a management system audit in accordance with ISO 19011
- Learn how to lead an audit and audit team
- Learn how to interpret the requirements of ISO/IEC 27001 in the context of an ISMS audit
- Acquire the competencies of an auditor to plan an audit, lead an audit, draft reports, and follow-up on an audit in compliance with ISO 19011
- Certification fees are included in the exam price.
- Participants will be provided with the training course material containing over 450 pages of explanatory information, examples, best practices, exercises, and quizzes.
- An attendance record worth 31 CPD (Continuing Professional Development) credits will be issued to the participants who have attended the training course.
- The eLearning course material is available indefinitely, the exam however must be taken within 12 months of purchase.
- In case candidates fail the exam, they can retake it within 12 months following the initial attempt for free.