Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification Overview - Self-Paced Video Training
This 2 hour 44 minute, self-paced, eLearning CMMC Overview course provides an overview of NIST 800-171 and CMMC.
It benefits leadership and practitioners, however, it is not “in the weeds” of the controls, and how to comply with them.
Arm yourself with the knowledge you need to know to successfully navigate NIST 800-171 and CMMC’s processes today.
On completion of the course, students are issued with a Certificate of Completion and associated digital badge.
CMMC Overview Testimonials
Do you support the United States Department of Defense (DoD)? Have you heard about security requirements from NIST 800-171 or the Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC), but don’t know where to start? Then this online CMMC overview training is for YOU!
The majority of CMMC training is meant for assessors and consultants, but there aren’t many courses for organizations to help them understand the process.
This course is up to date with CMMC 2.0! CMMC is an evolving topic, and as new information becomes available, the course will be updated.
There are no pre-requisites for the CMMC Overview course.
- 2 hour 44 minutes of instructor-led video presentations
- Certificate of Completion
- CMMC Overview course Digital Badge
- Types of Information
- NIST 800-171 Overview
- NIST 800-171 DFARS Clauses
- NIST 800-171 DoD Assessment Methodology
- CMMC Overview
- CMMC Scoping Guidelines
- CMMC Assessment Guidelines
- CMMC Ecosystem Roles
- Action Plan
- Course Closure
- What is Federal Contract Information (FCI)
- What is Controlled Unclassified Information (CUI)
- The history of NIST 800-171 & CMMC and what it means to you
- What DFARS 252.204-7012, 7019, 7020, and 7021 mean to you
- How to comply with NIST 800-171
- The 110 NIST 800-171 security requirements
- How to calculate a NIST 800-171 score per the DoD assessment methodology
- How NIST 800-171 relates to CMMC
- When CMMC will be required
- The 110+ CMMC practices
- The 3 levels of CMMC
- Which CMMC levels require self-assessment & 3rd-party assessment
- Roles in the CMMC assessment ecosystem
- How to scope for CMMC
- How to prepare for a CMMC assessment
- Getting CMMC certified
On completion of the course students are issued with a Certificate of Completion and associated digital badge.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
What is CMMC?
CMMC is a cybersecurity compliance and certification framework which DoD created to gain assurance that its supporting contractors are implementing the 110 requirements to protect its controlled unclassified information (CUI). Nearly all DoD contractors will need to be CMMC compliant or certified to work for DoD.
CMMC requirements should begin to appear in contracts in late 2024.