WHY YOU SHOULD BE INTERESTED IN THIS ROLE!
- This position is working for one of the most recognisable and prestigious brands of their kind in the UK.
- You would be joining them as their first pure IT Security hire (historically the majority of their Security Operations have been outsourced).
- It is therefore a fantastic opportunity to progress your career within the business as their Cyber Security function is expanded over the coming 12-24 months.
- On top of the above, there is considerable buyin from the CIO for investment in both infrastructure technologies and security capabilities; youll be working with some particularly uptodate kit, FirePOWER firewalls being the latest upgrade we are aware of.
Having discussed this role in detail with senior technology management, we can honestly say this is one of the most interesting information security focussed roles weve had the pleasure to work on, in part due to the nature of the business and their current security posture vs where their security roadmap is taking them.
Please note, while there is of course some flexibility in terms of the requirements identified below, a strong, technical infrastructure support or implementation background is required together with a genuine passion for the cyber security space.
What you’ll do:
- You’ll be offering knowledge and subject matter expertise to the business in the domain of technical IT security. You’ll ensure adherence to company policies across the multinational business, ensuring technology is implemented according to guidelines that youll help set.
- You’ll work closely with the Technical Infrastructure Implementation Manager to facilitate relationships right across the business; with technical and nontechnical teams, to ensure buy in to the introduction of robust security policy.
- You’ll help with identification of attack vectors, manage 3rd party pen testing (and in the future SOCaaS suppliers), conduct root cause analysis where necessary, assist in containing and preventing malware attacks, data lass or penetration attempts, working on remedial actions in the event of security incidents.
- You’ll be working across the suite of infrastructure technologies, including Intrusion Detection / Prevention Systems, Network Infrastructure (currently largely MPLS based, however you will be joining as the entire business consisting of hundreds of sites are being upgraded to Meraki SDWAN), FirePOWER Firewalls, and a largely Wintel based infrastructure.
The business has adopted a Cloud First approach, so you will also be assisting in securing/monitoring a reasonably largescale AWS and Azure implementation.
The business is a highly visible and likely target for attempted breaches, therefore you’ll need to be on your ‘A’ game!
What you’ll need:
- First and foremost, a passion for Technical IT / Cyber Security, together with a desire to continuously develop and progress in this domain.
- Ideally you will have experience as a networking or infrastructure engineer (at implementation level, rather than solely support),
- Ideally experience of managing / maintaining security infrastructure including IDS / IPS / Firewalls / IAAM / 2FA etc.
- Relevant qualifications would be of benefit, for example SANS or CISSP.
Contact Jake on 02381 680 406 or apply now for immediate consideration!