|Job Type||Permanent Fulltime|
|Salary||£70,000 - £85,000 plus annual bonus|
|Advertiser||Context IT Recruitment|
Why should you be interested?
Opportunity to build a Global Security Operations Centre from the Ground Up
With one of the most prestigious Digital Media companies on the planet, employing close to 5000 staff and turning over £2bn PA.
SOC Design and Strategic Input
This is the first hire into their Global SOC, which is replacing a service currently provided by an MSSP. You’ll have considerable influence in the strategic direction of the SOC, including choice of SIEM / other SOC tooling (which will be largely based on Open Source tech) and the staff the SOC is populated with.
Protection of Highly Valuable Assets
There is considerable buy-in from Senior Management Teams in respect of their Cyber Security function. Why? The business is responsible for ensuring the integrity of the personal data for tens of millions of individuals and the intellectual property they produce is highly valuable.
Working with the Best
You’ll be working with two exceptionally bright, passionate, articulate and approachable individuals who are driven to ensure the introduction of a best-in-class Security Operations Centre for the business.
The Head of Security is open to seeing individuals from a variety of backgrounds and at a variety of levels; you may already be a SOC Manager but feeling constrained by the red tape encountered within a large SOC environment? Or you may be a L2 or L3 Analyst that feels ready to take on the challenge of building a SOC from the ground up and recruiting / leading a highly capable, globally distributed SOC team.
Due to the nature of this business, it is a requirement that the SOC is built with a bias toward Defensive Operations, although Protective Monitoring of course plays a significant part and for both elements a variety of Open Source technologies will be utilised to allow the opportunity to ensure the SOC is both comprehensive in scope and agile in nature.
It is the opinion of the Head of Security that they’re building the SOC “the way a SOC should work”; not just installing COTS products and flicking switches. It should appeal to the most capable of analysts.
We’re looking for passionate, experienced security professionals who recognise the opportunity presented to them in this vacancy and possess a mix of the following:
- Ideally relevant certifications form the SANS training catalogue, particularly from the ‘Core Security Techniques’, ‘Security Monitoring and Detection’, ‘Incident Response and Enterprise Forensics’ or ‘Cyber Defence Operations’ suite.
- Considerable experience in configuration and management of SOC tools (to include SIEM and vulnerability scanning software), ideally with experience of task automation.
- Administration of Operating Systems and Network Devices.
- Analysis of aggregated log data through reports and visualisations.
- Experience of, and ideally leading, Incident Handling for Major Security Incidents.
- A genuine passion for security, with a desire to play a key part in the design, implementation and running of a best-in-class Security Operations Centre.
- Management or Team Leadership / Mentoring of Junior SOC Analysts.
While not a requirement, experience or a background in software development would be beneficial, as would experience of Malware Reverse Engineering.
This is a highly urgent requirement so if the role could be of interest, please contact Jake Birkett [02381 680 406] or Jon Witcomb [02381 680 401] as soon as possible for further details. (Please note; an up-to-date CV is not required for an initial conversation).
Apply now for immediate consideration!