|Job Type||Permanent Fulltime|
|Area||South East England, UK|
|Advertiser||Context IT Recruitment|
£22,000 PA plus 10% bonus, 10% pay rise after 6 months and further bonuses
(total package circa £28/£29k in the first year, with similar increases year on year)
A leading networking client of ours is seeking a Junior Network Support Engineer to join them on a permanent basis based in Alton, Hampshire. The role would be best suited to someone with some experience working in a service-desk environment or someone with an IT related degree with a small amount of industry experience. Our client is a serious player within the computer networking / cyber security industry and is seeking likeminded people to be a part of their journey.
This isn’t your ordinary support role; you’ll be offered an abundance of training and support which includes enrolment into their technical academy where you will gain industry recognised networking certifications. It is the perfect opportunity for someone wanting to seriously accelerate their career with computer networks.
On a day to day basis, duties include:
- Responding to telephone/email problems logged by their clients
- Work technical problems/cases related to certified security products to resolutions or escalate to 2nd Line Engineers where appropriate
- Liaise with colleagues to ensure clients receive the best customer service and resolution to their technical problems/cases
- Create client technical environments in their lab and recreate problems where appropriate
- Input and manage documentation in their CRM system in a clear manner
- Managing RMA (Return Merchandise Authorisation) replacements to achieve SLAs
- Work shift pattern to ensure 24x7 support cover (majority of shifts are standard offer hours 9-5)
Any networking certifications (CCNA etc.) are favoured but not mandatory. Along with strong technical skills, you must have a positive can-do attitude towards your work. They are seeking someone with a genuine passion for everything networking related and with the drive to succeed.
It will primarily be office hours; however, shift work is a mandatory part within this role. Ideally you shall have your own form of transport or live within walking distance of the client’s offices.
Alongside offering huge amounts of training and certifications, they also have the following company benefits:
- 24 days holiday (plus a bonus day off for your birthday)
- Annual international weekend for all employees
- Up to 5% matched pension scheme
- Health cash plan scheme
- Regular social events / team lunches
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare voucher scheme
Apply now for immediate consideration!