|Job Type||Permanent Fulltime|
|Area||East Midlands, UK|
|Sector||CybersecurityCyber SecurityInformation SecurityInfosec|
|Salary||Salary package up to £40,000|
My client is one of the UKs leading FinTech companies based in Northampton. The company is in the midst of a business transformation that will see them become a leader in digital payment services, as the industry goes through the largest change in the past 100 years, moving from a paper-based operation to a digital processing operation.
The organisation provides the UK domestic cheque clearing and associated services such as debit/credit outclearing, fraud detection, and image based returns and lock box to over 80% of the financial markets. The International cheque clearing is an area they are looking to expand into as they have the capability to cover all UK participants. Through their fraud management capability, they have successfully stopped over £150m worth of fraudulent UK domestic cheques per annum.
Our client is now developing their own technologies and new ways of working, changing their entire operating model, and keen to develop, support and maintain the organisations Cyber Security defences.
What’s in it for you?
- The company goes to great efforts to ensure they engage and invest in their people at every opportunity. They believe it’s important to support their staff in every which way, from the day they join until the day they leave. They claim they have not only built up a first class business, they have created a strong business community where employees work to support each other, to deliver and exceed the expectations of our customers.
- Values are: open, honest and transparent.
- Excellent Benefits Package
- Acknowledge the importance of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and also seek to support employees in their charitable endeavours, through the giving of time and monetary donations.
- Working hours 9-5 Monday to Friday
- To monitor internal and external cyber threats and vulnerabilities
- Develop and operate procedures that counteract potential threats/vulnerabilities
- Maintain the vulnerability management solution ensuring that all assets in scope are scanned for vulnerabilities, on a scheduled basis and that the findings are brought to the attention of the asset owners.
- Manage the vulnerability database making sure it is up to date and prioritising vulnerabilities in a risk based manner
Skills and Experience Required
- Bachelor or Master's Degree in computer science, mathematics or other computer-related field of study (desirable)
- CISSP, Security+, or other relevant qualifications (desirable)
- Experience with Vulnerability Management platforms e.g. Tenable Nessus
- Experience with Threat Management tools
- Ability to conduct research into threats and vulnerabilities and preventative capabilities
- Familiarity with industry recognised security standard such as ISO or COBIT
- Experience of presenting findings and making recommendations
- Experience in working with a wide range of stakeholders in the context of improving security.
- Experience with internet and email gateway security tools, Antimalware, Intrusion prevention (desirable)
If you’re interested in discussing or having an informal chat regarding this role please apply below.