This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Job Type||Permanent Fulltime|
|Area||East Midlands, UK|
|Sector||CybersecurityCyber SecurityInformation SecurityInfosec|
The job requirement is for a highly motivated and experienced Microsoft SQL Server Database Administrator; who must be a good communicator, and can work independently or as part of a team.
The role is a senior position, with skills required to assist in the smooth running of the support desk and consultancy projects; whilst adhering to company best practices, and customer Service Level Agreements (SLA).
We are unable to offer sponsorship for this role at present.
Description of duties
- The day to day support, troubleshooting and administration of customers Microsoft SQL Server database(s) and IT infrastructure, as part of the First and Second line support structure
- Liaising directly with customers to assist in problem resolution
- Use of the call handling system to receive, investigate and document the resolution of support issues generated by customers and monitoring systems
- Mentoring of the junior members of staff
- Provide technical assistance to internal members of staff for fault resolution, and consultancy requirements
- Creation of technical documentation for internal and external use, including qualification of customer requirements.
- Join the companies ‘On Call’ rota, providing 24x7 support to customers
- Maintain quality service by establishing and enforcing organisational standards
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience of administering Microsoft database technologies, ranging from version SQL Server 7 to 2017.
- An excellent working knowledge of the following MSSQL products:
- Windows Failover Cluster
- AlwaysOn Cluster
- Database Mirroring
- Log Shipping
- Maintenance Plans
- Performance Tuning
- Knowledge of the following operating systems:
- Microsoft Windows
- Microsoft Certification (MCA, MCP, MCE)
- Experience of working in an SLA support structure
In line with current legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks and may be required to obtain a security clearance. Further details will be explained upon receipt of applications.
For immediate consideration, apply below.