|Job Type||Permanent Fulltime|
|Area||East Midlands, UK|
|Sector||CybersecurityCyber SecurityInformation SecurityInfosec|
|Salary||£54,000 (total package)|
|Telephone||+44 1908 030131|
My client is one of the UKs leading FinTech companies based in Northampton. The company is in the midst of a business transformation that will see them become a leader in digital payment services, as the industry goes through the largest change in the past 100 years, moving from a paper based operation to a digital processing operation.
The organisation provides the UK domestic cheque clearing and associated services such as debit/credit outclearing, fraud detection, and image based returns and lock box to over 80% of the financial markets. The International cheque clearing is an area they are looking to expand into as they have the capability to cover all UK participants. Through their fraud management capability, they have successfully stopped over £150m worth of fraudulent UK domestic cheques per annum.
Our client is now developing their own technologies and new ways of working, changing their entire operating model, and are looking to recruit a Cyber and Information Security Manager to develop, support and maintain the organisations Cyber Security defences.
What’s in it for you?
The company goes to great efforts to ensure they engage and invest in their people at every opportunity. They believe it’s important to support their staff in every which way, from the day they join until the day they leave. They have not only built up a first-class business, they have created a strong business community where employees work to support each other, to deliver and exceed the expectations of our customers:
- Values are: open, honest and transparent.
- Excellent Benefits Package
- Acknowledge the importance of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and also seek to support employees in their charitable endeavours, through the giving of time and monetary donations.
- Working hours 9-5 Monday to Friday
Reporting to the Head of Infrastructure Services, the core accountability of the role is to develop, support and maintain the organisation’s Cyber Security defences. The Cyber and Information Security Manager will be responsible for all aspects of Cyber Security. Developing and agreeing specific Cyber Security processes relating to the technology used within the organisation. The Cyber and Information Security Manager is expected to interface with peers across the business as well as with the leaders of the business units to both share the corporate security vision with those individuals and to solicit their involvement in achieving higher levels of enterprise security through information sharing and co-operation.
Define the specific IT Security policies relating to various technology, and application components within the enterprise, including but not restricted to Microsoft Windows, Cisco/Checkpoint Networks, Firewalls, Application components.
Act as a lead technical expert in Cyber Security arrangements, directing resources and selecting technologies to maximise service performance and value.
Create and where necessary present the necessary business cases to obtain executive buy-in for investment to progress roadmap projects.
Act as a technical expert in Cyber Security during relevant Cyber Security Incidents or audits Maintain constructive and collaborative relationships with internal stakeholders, clients and third party suppliers to ensure effective management of Cyber security arrangements are in place at all times.
Work collaboratively with the other Security & Risk Management functions continually developing, supporting and coaching the team to be a high performance function.
Manage a variety of 3rd party companies that supply facilities services. To monitor their service provision against agreed KPIs.
Create a powerful Cyber Security brand, upon which to energise the complete organisational ecosystem.
Skills and Experience Required
- Understanding of Information Security principles, standards and regulations (e.g. ISO 27001/2, CMA , DPA )
- Knowledge of Banking and Finance sector desirable, in particular relevant Information Security issues.
- Broad technical knowledge of at least Windows Operating systems and Logical Access architecture including Active Directory.
- Understanding of telecommunications technology, in particular in the context of security (e.g. Firewalls, IDS/IPS)
- Understanding of the application of technology to manage Information Security Risk
- Experience of IT governance, control and assurance frameworks including ITIL and CobiT desirable.
- Experience and track record in delivering Information security projects and enhancements.
- Experience in project management, or subproject management.
For more information, or if you’re interested in having an informal chat regarding the role please apply below.