|Job Type||Permanent Fulltime|
|Area||New South Wales, Australia|
Our client is driving major change across information & cyber security by building a centralised model to provide security services across the entire organisation. This role will be responsible for this major program initiative, from definition of the security strategy to execution of the global cyber readiness program, moving from local to global services.Scope of Responsibility
If you love working with stakeholders across differing complex business environments, then this is the place for you. As a leader of this team you will be the focal point within client facing teams on challenging problems, offering in depth expertise around our client's internal security posture to ensure credibility and confidence in the handling of client data.
In addition, you will work to support our client's internal customer network, made up of multiple offices across multiple countries. Here the focus will be on leading and supporting the integration of local security teams into the wider organisation driving a consistent and cohesive security strategy throughout the business.
Applicants must have a valid, current work visa.
- This role heads up a team working closely with US and global risk management, security, and IT organisations, and is responsible for the following tasks
- Building client trust in organisations security posture
- Satisfying stakeholder needs related to security control requirements and regulatory compliance
- Working with business, IT, and global teams as a representative of the risk management organisation
- Management of service delivery including reporting and metrics
- Management of client interaction triage processes
- Questionnaire delivery - including quality and SLAs
- Ownership of knowledge centre maintenance
- You will possess deep functional knowledge and direct professional experience in information security business practices that is applied in the context of a broader understanding of the functional area and related systems and processes. The selected individual will contribute to the development of new domain subject matters. You will resolve complex problems by applying continuously significant independent judgment through collaborating with others, and influence others through a team of direct reports, through work on projects and in teams, and/or through leading larger projects.
- Demonstrates extensive level abilities in managing efforts within business engagement and relationship management space.
- Encourages improvement and innovation within business services and nurturing and developing less-experienced staff through coaching and written/verbal feedback.
- Build and maintain relationships across the business to effectively deliver security activities.
- Evaluate & articulate security posture to clients and support teams.
- Address security risk utilising standardised and consistent methodology.
- Manage relationships across companies lines of service
- Provide consultancy throughout service integration
- Technical Broad understanding of security technology.
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline or equivalent work experience
- leadership skills – capable of empowering and leading a team to meet business and IT security goals.
- Solid people management skills – providing direction, monitoring performance, motivating staff and building a positive working environment
- Ability to adapt to a fast-moving IT landscape and keep pace with latest thinking and new security technologies
- A passion for technology and security safeguarding with a desire to deliver
- Thrives on change, showing an impressive ability to drive the IT security strategy forward
- Analytical mind capable of managing numerous information sources and providing data analysis reports to senior management
- Strong customer focus – able to meet the demands of internal and external customers
- Excellent communication skills – providing verbal and written communication that is outstanding to both direct reports and senior management as well as other stakeholders
- Flexible and adaptable – capable of changing direction where required and showing flexibility to meet new demands
- Forms business partnerships that help drive the IT security strategy forward
- Can make decisions that are well informed and timely
- Creative thinking – able to look at alternatives and consider new ways of thinking to problem solve
- Multi-tasking – can manage several concurrent projects and prioritise demands
- This seniority of this position demands around a decade of proven IT security experience, less experience will be considered if prior experience is in a related discipline.
Apply now for immediate consideration.