This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Job Type||Permanent Fulltime|
|Area||New South Wales, Australia|
|Sector||CybersecurityCyber SecurityInformation SecurityInfosec|
The Deputy Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) has significant responsibility for our clients Information Security Program. The responsibilities include Identity and Access Management strategy and execution, Security Compliance, 3rd party security assessments, regulatory attestations, customer information security inquiries, Program Management, Business Continuity and IT Risk. This position leads Program Management for the Information Security Team and is responsible for cross organization resource and budget planning.
The position requires representing the CISO, when needed. The role requires extensive experience communicating to executive stakeholders, ability to make complex concepts consumable by non-IT stakeholders, technical security expertise, and a proven track record in delivering complex projects in information security. This job is a Manager of managers: Senior level manager that is responsible for managing the objectives, performance, and compensation of lower levels of management. This job works under Broad Oversight: Receives guidance in terms of broad goals and overall objectives and establishes the methods to attain them.
Generally, the incumbent is in charge of an area of work and typically formulates policy for this area but may have final authority for approving policy.
Applicants must have a current working visa in place.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
Has budget responsibility for an organizational unit. Consolidates the overall security budget for review and is responsible for expense control for the units assigned. Demonstrates sound cost-effectiveness. Failure to achieve objectives can result in delays or inefficiencies resulting in readjustment of resources and/or staff. Leads multiple teams with responsibilities to support and maintain major, highly complex security processes, controls or products. Manages leaders of teams and/or teams with responsibilities to configure, test, document and implement new and upgrades to major, highly complex security processes, controls or products as directed. Participates in or leads cross departmental, matrixed teams and/or cross enterprise teams. Recommends and sponsors purchases and/or licensed software products to identify and address security exposures. Sponsors Security and enterprise projects as assigned. Drives strategic planning/roadmap creation for teams. Provides human resources management, including coaching, performance management, team development and growth, and workforce planning. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Eight years of experience in Information Technology or a related field required.
- Five years in Cyber Security or a related field required.
- Four years of experience managing others and/or technical teams required.
Education, Work Experience & Knowledge
- Bachelor's Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) discipline preferred.
- Ten years of relevant experience with data security practices, processes, and data security event investigation/resolution preferred.
- Six years of experience managing others and/or technical teams preferred.
- Extensive experience presenting information security to a wide range of audiences, including Senior Leaders or Board of Directors, preferred.
- Experience leading organizational change preferred.
Job Specific & Technical Skills & Competencies
- Problem Solving: Demonstrates advanced analytic and diagnostic skills dealing with often novel and not readily defined, lack known precedent or appear contradictory. Able to develop solutions by applying accepted processes or is able to create new approaches to leverage technology from abstract innovation. Sees the big picture and is fully aware of technology and business directions. Has department, corporate, and group objectives in focus while identifying and removing barriers. Optimizes the use of all available resources.
- Team Orientation: Maintains partnerships across the organization, and is able to influence senior management, peers and subordinates through an inclusive style and recognition of their abilities and knowledge. Balances team and individual priorities. Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views. Gives and welcomes feedback. Puts success of team above own interest. Leadership: Manages multiple cross-functional objectives and/or priorities in support of a business department. Responsibilities are assigned with broad latitude for decision making. Results reviewed periodically according to predefined objectives. Understands the departmental, corporate and group objectives and strives to meet or exceed them. Sets level of risk-taking, and gathers/synthesizes information to all appropriate levels of the organization.
- Planning and Project Management: Ensures all planning done on the area level is supportive of the business strategic plans. Delegates appropriately while maintaining accountability. Sees that projects are assigned by workload and staff capabilities. Completes projects accurately and on time. Critical planning is required as modifications are difficult and costly and may impair achieving of departmental and corporate objectives. Change requires reassessing and adjusting tactical and/or operational direction.
Apply now for immediate consideration.