|Job Type||Permanent Fulltime|
|Area||New South Wales, Australia|
|Sector||CybersecurityCyber SecurityInformation SecurityInfosec|
As the Senior Incident Response Manager, you will be working as part of the Cyber Security team, responsible for the management and co-ordination of responses to Cyber Security incidents across the business. You will take ownership of incidents that occur and proactively work with other stakeholders to manage or remediate these incidents to closure. Ideally, you would have/had experience working within a Security operational position with a specific focus within Cyber Security Incident Response. This role is both hands on and managerial so experience of both is preferred.
You will work with geographically diverse teams within Cyber Security to respond to threats that may arise against our assets. Periodically, you will be required to participate as an escalation point of contact in the On-Call rotation, to ensure that business can respond to incidents in a timely manner, and you may be called upon to work outside of business hours in the event of a major security events.
Applicants must have a valid working visa in place.
- Reporting to the Director of Cyber Security, managing team members located in both Australia and Asia Pacific.
- Working collaboratively with Cyber Security members, and multiple stakeholders to ensure efficient and appropriate responses to Cyber Security Incidents.
- Providing tactical and strategic recommendations for preventative controls to Operational teams based upon incident response findings and trends in realised threat activity
- Requesting custom development for analytics and SIEM enhancement from the Cyber Systems team
- Responds to detected incidents from initial detection, through containment and remediation, coordinating with technical teams to gather information and to assist with remediation planning and actions.
- Communicates findings to stakeholders along with recommendations on posture improvements
- Develop and provide Key Incident Metrics to Information Security Leadership.
- Develop and improve incident response processes and procedures.
- Strong communication skills and confident with stakeholders of all levels and ability to challenge constructively
- The ability to build and maintain effective relationships with stakeholders to enhance and develop better cross functional working practices
- Ability to manage time on multiple investigations, both personally and on behalf of team members.
- Analytical thinking (including analysis of competing hypothesis and assessment based on limited information)
- Hold professional qualifications in a related subject e.g. CISSP, Security+, GSEC, GCIH, CEH, or GCIA certification
- Deep understanding of Cyber Security Incident Response Team processes and procedures.
- The ability to lead a team of technical and non-technical resources and lead through influence the activities of other teams with regards to Cyber Security Incidents.
- Knowledge of attack vectors, threat tactics and attacker techniques.
- Understanding of Windows and Linux operating systems and command line tools.
- Enterprise level analysis and defense experience are a plus
Apply now for immediate consideration.