Tue, 17 Aug|
Virtual Instructor Led
PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Implementer
This training course is designed to prepare participants in implementing an information security management system (ISMS) based on ISO/IEC 27001. It provides a comprehensive understanding of the best practices of an ISMS and a framework for its continual management and improvement.
Time & Location
17 Aug 2021, 09:30 BST – 20 Aug 2021, 16:30 BST
Virtual Instructor Led
About the Event
Why you should attend
Information security threats and attacks increase and improve constantly. The best form of defense against them is the proper implementation and management of information security controls and best practices. Information security is also a key expectation and requirement of customers, legislators, and other interested parties.
This training course is designed to prepare participants in implementing an information security management system (ISMS) based on ISO/IEC 27001. It aims to provide a comprehensive understanding of the best practices of an ISMS and a framework for its continual management and improvement. After attending the training course, you can take the exam.
If you successfully pass it, you can apply for a “PECB Certified ISO/ IEC 27001 Lead Implementer” credential, which demonstrates your ability and practical knowledge to implement an ISMS based on the requirements of ISO/IEC 27001.
Who should attend?
- Project managers and consultants involved in and concerned with the implementation of an ISMS
- Expert advisors seeking to master the implementation of an ISMS
- Individuals responsible for ensuring conformity to information security requirements within an organization
- Members of an ISMS implementation team
- Introduction to ISO/IEC 27001 and initiation of an ISMS
- Training course objectives and structure
- Standards and regulatory frameworks
- Information Security Management System (ISMS)
- Fundamental information security concepts and principles
- Initiation of the ISMS implementation
- Understanding the organization and its context
- ISMS scope
- Planning the implementation of an ISMS
- Leadership and project approval
- Organizational structure
- Analysis of the existing system
- Information security policy
- Risk management
- Statement of Applicability
- Implementation of an ISMS
- Documented information management
- Selection and design of controls
- Implementation of controls
- Trends and technologies
- Competence and awareness
- Security operations management
- ISMS monitoring, continual improvement, and preparation for the certification audit
- Monitoring, measurement, analysis, and evaluation
- Internal audit
- Management review
- Treatment of nonconformities
- Continual improvement
- Preparing for the certification audit
- Certification process and closing of the training course
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of the concepts, approaches, methods, and techniques used for the implementation and effective management of an ISMS
- Acknowledge the correlation between ISO/IEC 27001, ISO/IEC 27002, and other standards and regulatory frameworks
- Understand the operation of an information security management system and its processes based on ISO/IEC 27001
- Learn how to interpret and implement the requirements of ISO/IEC 27001 in the specific context of an organization
- Acquire the necessary knowledge to support an organization in effectively planning, implementing, managing, monitoring, and maintaining an ISMS
Duration: 3 hours
The “PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Implementer” exam meets the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification Program (ECP). It covers the following competency domains:
- Domain 1 Fundamental principles and concepts of an information security management system (ISMS)
- Domain 2 Information security management system (ISMS)
- Domain 3 Planning an ISMS implementation based on ISO/IEC 27001
- Domain 4 Implementing an ISMS based on ISO/IEC 27001
- Domain 5 Monitoring and measurement of an ISMS based on ISO/IEC 27001
- Domain 6 Continual improvement of an ISMS based on ISO/IEC 27001
- Domain 7 Preparing for an ISMS certification audit
For specific information about exam type, languages available, and other details, please visit the List of PECB Exams and the Examination Rules and Policies.
After successfully passing the exam, you can apply for one of the credentials shown below. You will receive the certificate once you comply with all the requirements related to the selected credential.
For more information about ISO/IEC 27001 certifications and the PECB certification process, please refer to the PECB Certification Rules and Policies.
- Certification fees are included in the exam price.
- Participants will be provided with the training course material containing over 450 pages of explanatory information, examples, best practices, exercises, and quizzes.
- An attendance record worth 31 CPD (Continuing Professional Development) credits will be issued to the participants who have attended the training course.
- In case candidates fail the exam, they can retake it within 12 months following the initial attempt for free.
PECB Certified ISO 27001 LI£1,350.00Tax: +£270.00 VAT