AMERICAS: CMMC Certified Professional (CCP)
Time & Location
About the Event
CMMC Certified Professional (pending CMMC-AB approval expected before course commencement)
This CMMC Certified Professional training course enables participants to acquire a comprehensive understanding of the Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC) model and its requirements. It is also a gateway for assessors and instructors, as it is a prerequisite to CMMC Certified Assessor Level 1 (CCA-1), CMMC Certified Assessor Level 3 (CCA-3), and CMMC Certified Instructor (CCI) certifications.
Why should you attend?
By attending the CMMC Certified Professional training course, you will acquire knowledge about the structure of the CMMC model including CMMC levels, domains, capabilities, processes, and practices. In addition, you will develop the ability to understand, differentiate, and explain the relationship between the CMMC and the primary reference documentation such as FAR 52.204-21, DFARS 252.204-7012, DFARS 252.204-7019-7021, NIST SP 800-171, NIST 800-172, NIST 800-53, CUI Definitions and Guidelines from NARA and DOD, and CERT RMM. You will also be able to (a) identify, describe, and compare the roles and responsibilities of each member of the CMMC-AB ecosystem, (b) know what are the CMMC assessment methodology phases, (c) identify and mitigate ethical concerns based on CMMC-AB Code of Professional Conduct, and (d) define and determine the roles and responsibilities for Federal Contract Information (FCI) and Controlled Unclassified Information (CUI).
This training course will allow you to become a valuable asset for consultancy agencies, CMMC Third-Party Assessor Organizations (C3PAO), and organizations demanding CMMC trained resources.
The successful completion of the training course is followed by an exam. If you pass the exam, you can apply for a “CMMC Certified Professional” credential. For more information about the examination process, please refer to the Examination section below.
Who can attend?
This training course is intended for:
- Individuals interested in being part of the CMMC-AB ecosystem such as Certified Assessors and Certified Instructors
- Individuals seeking to gain knowledge about the CMMC model and its requirements
- Individuals interested in providing consultancy services for the CMMC preparation
- Individuals working for suppliers of the Department of Defense (DoD) and Defense Industrial Base (DIB) and for other organizations seeking CMMC certification
- Cybersecurity and technology consultants and CMMC assessment team members
This training course allows you to:
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of the CMMC domains, capabilities, levels, processes, and practices of the CMMC model
- Acknowledge the correlation between CMMC model, FAR clause 52.204-21, DFARS clause 252.204-7012, NIST SP 800-171, and other standards and frameworks
- Acquire the ability to interpret the requirements of the CMMC model in the specific context of an Organization Seeking Certification (OSC)
- Obtain the necessary knowledge to support an organization in effectively implementing and managing the requirements of the CMMC model for the required CMMC level
- Acquire knowledge on the CMMC assessment methodology and process across all CMMC levels
This training course is participant centered and:
- Contains lecture sessions illustrated with graphics, examples, and discussions
- Encourages interaction between participants by means of questions, suggestions, exercises based on a case study, quizzes, etc.
- Includes quizzes which are a simulation of the questions of the certification exam
Prerequisites for attending the training course
There is no specific prerequisite for participating in this training course, however, it is recommended to have a general knowledge of cybersecurity and information technology concepts and principles.
- Day 1: Introduction to CMMC stakeholders, model, and level 1 practices
- Day 2: CMMC levels 2 and 3 processes and practices
- Day 3: CMMC levels 4 and 5 processes and practices
- Day 4: CMMC ecosystem roles and responsibilities, ethics, and assessment methodology
The “CMMC Certified Professional” exam fully meets the requirements of the CMMC-AB Body of Knowledge. It evaluates the participant’s knowledge of the CMMC model, its relevant supporting materials, applicable legal and regulatory requirements, and the CMMC-AB ecosystem. The “CMMC Certified Professional” exam covers the following knowledge areas:
- Knowledge area 1: Data Sources and Governance
- Knowledge area 2: CMMC-AB Ecosystem
- Knowledge area 3: Ethics
- Knowledge area 4: CMMC Model
- Knowledge area 5: CMMC Implementation
PECB is a Licensed Partner Publisher (LPP) authorised by the CMMC-AB to develop training courses based on CMMC-AB curricula and exam objectives. For additional information on CMMC-AB Exams, please visit https://www.cmmcab.org/.
CySec Professionals is a CMMC-AB Licensed Training Provider (LTP) authorised to deliver CMMC-AB approved courses.
Upon the successful completion of the exam, you can apply for the credential CMMC Certified Professional (CCP).
For more information about the PECB certification process, please refer to the Certification Rules and Policies.
For more information about the CMMC-AB certification process, please visit https://www.cmmcab.org/.
- Course fees include courseware, registration with the CMMC-AB and exam voucher.
- Participants will be provided with the training course material containing over 400 pages of explanatory information, examples, best practices, exercises, and quizzes.
- An attestation of course completion worth 31 CPD (Continuing Professional Development) credits will be issued to the participants who have attended the training course.
- CMMC Certified Professional£1,795£1,7950£0