Wed, 10 May|
AMERICAS: 2-day NCSP® Foundation Certificate
This 2-day NCSP® Foundation Certificate course outlines current cybersecurity challenges and explains how organizations who operationalize the NIST Cybersecurity Framework across an enterprise and its supply chain can mitigate these challenges. There are no pre-requisites for course attendance.
Time & Location
10 May, 09:30 GMT-4 – 11 May, 16:30 GMT-4
About the Event
Accredited through APMG International, certified in the UK by the National Cyber Security Centre (NCSC) and listed as qualified cyber training by Department of Homeland Security Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (DHS CISA) in the USA, the NIST Cyber Security Professional (NCSP®) training program teaches individuals and organizations how to engineer, operationalize and continually improve a NIST Cybersecurity Framework program.
This 2-day, accredited instructor led, NCSP® Foundation Certificate course is designed to teach IT, Business and Cybersecurity professionals the fundamentals of digital transformation, cyber security risk management and the NIST Cybersecurity Framework (NIST-CSF).
The course is ideal for individuals seeking a baseline knowledge of cyber risk management, the NIST-CSF, those who may be considering a career in cybersecurity and individuals who will play an active or passive role in engineering, operationalizing and continually improving an organizations cybersecurity risk management program.
The course outlines current cybersecurity challenges and explains how organisations who operationalize a NIST-CSF program across an enterprise and its supply chain can mitigate these challenges.
There are no pre-requisites for NCSP® Foundation Certificate course attendance.
- 2-day accredited instructor led training
- NCSP® Foundation Certificate digital courseware
- Exam fees included
- Certificate of Attendance
- NCSP® Foundation Certificate Digital Badge on successful completion of exam
- Access to the NIST Cyber Security Professional (NCSP®) LinkedIn community
- Access to the Digital Value Management System Institute (DMVSi) LinkedIn community
This course will empower candidates with the following learning outcomes:
- Understand and describe how an organization can approach the adoption and adaptation of the NIST-CSF
- Understand and describe how to implement cybersecurity controls using an incremental improvement approach
- Understand and describe how to create, protect, and deliver digital business value
This Foundation level course covers the following topics:
- Course Introduction
- Digital Evolution
- Understanding Cyber Risk
- NIST Cybersecurity Framework (NIST-CSF) Fundamentals
- Core Functions, Categories & Subcategories
- Implementing Tiers and Profiles
- Beyond the Framework
Online, proctored, closed book exam with forty (40) multiple-choice questions with a single correct answer from 4-choices (A, B, C, D).
Questions may appear in any of the following forms (sample, not an exhaustive list).
- Which of the following is true, correct, most correct?
- Which of the following statements is NOT correct?
- Which of the following statements addresses X?
- How would you show Y?
- What is…?
- What is missing from…?
- _____ is a correct way to…?
- How would you describe…?
- How would you explain…?
- What is the main idea of…?
- Which is the best choice…?
Each correct answer is worth 1 point.
Pass mark is 60% (24 correct out of 40).
NCSP® Pathway Progression
This course, is the second in a series of NIST Cybersecurity Professional (NCSP®) training courses designed to help organizations create a culture-driven, adaptive, cyber-resilient enterprise capable of creating, protecting, and delivering digital business value.
Students who complete and successfully pass the associated NCSP® Foundation Certificate exam can progress onto NCSP® 800-53 Practitioner Certificate level study.
NCSP® Foundation Certificate